To be an integral part of the design team by taking full responsibility for the assigned project(s) ensuring that all works are carried out to relevant international standards required by ADPI , delivered on time and to the full client satisfaction.
2 Line and Staff Relations
The Senior Architect will report into the Director of Production and Operations in the design office and to the assigned manager on site.
- ADPI staff:
- team of Architects and BIM technicians in the design office
- Internal / External collaborators:
- Engineers of different trades within the practice as well as with Engineers in other practices.
- With partners and sub-consultants assigned for the projects in the most professional manner ensuring all meeting are minuted and all exchanges are adequately documented.
3 Key Responsibilities
- Work with the design team in the delivery of a project through from the concept stage to the project completion.
- Responsible to ensure the design meets all relevant international codes and standard required for the project.
- Ensuring that all project deliverables (drawings, specifications etc) are fully coordinated from a contractual point of view.
- Responsible to ensure that all projects deliverables are fully coordinated across the different disciplines.
- Ensuring that works are fully coordinated with all sub-consultants.
- Deliverables for each stage is fully met and is reviewed for quality before they are submitted to the clients
- Act as the project’s design coordinator and contribute (fully or partially) to the overall design management activities
- Carry-out independent design reviews for all types of projects.
- Participation in meetings, recording of minutes and reporting
- Take initiatives to develop design manuals, standard design documents, presentations, etc. to increase efficiencies, knowledge and awareness across the wider architectural community
- Ensure all meetings with clients representatives or external sub-consultants are properly minuted and the minutes dispatched within the agreed time.
- All design deliverables are done according to the company standards and all relevant documentation are maintained for all deliverables.
- Ensure that minutes are prepared and dispatched for multidisciplinary internal coordination meetings.
- Coordinate works internally within all disciplines and ensure that the design is fully coordinated.
- Coordinate works with all external agencies involved including stakeholders and sub-consultants and all approving agencies/authorities.
- Ensure that all coordination works are planned as per the program and tracked to ensure that all deliverable are received on time.
- Participate with Head of Practice/ Design Managers in resource allocation and ensure that allocated resources are utilized effectively to meets all project deadlines.
- Communicate to the team all aspects of the project clearly to ensure that the team is fully aware of the project at all times.
4 Profile Specifications – Minimum Requirements
- 15 years of total experience with a minimum of 3 years on Airport projects.
- BArch / MArch Degree or equivalent
- UAE/ Country Specific Society of Engineers membership
- International Accreditation (RIBA, AIA or equivalent) and Sustainability Certification (LEED, PQP or equivalent) is preferred
- Full knowledge of Statutory Authorities requirements,
- Full knowledge of international codes and standards , regulations and submission requirements
- Developed knowledge of Fire & Life Safety Principles and Sustainable Design principles.
- Strong proficiency in Autocad and BIM (revit) skill
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and people orientation competencies
NOTE TO EXTERNAL RECRUITERS:
Please note that all recruitment activities and open positions are manged strictly through our HR department. ADP Ingenierie does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, ADP Ingenierie will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, ADP Ingenierie explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of ADP Ingenierie.